You need an excellent retirement plan in order to attract and retain exceptional employees. However, managing a retirement plan is time-consuming and complex. By delegating this task to us, you will be able to focus your valuable time and energy on the core functions of your business.
401(k) and Retirement Plan Consulting Services
We use a comprehensive six-step process that helps plan sponsors fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities, minimize costs, maximize tax advantages, save time, and help plan participants save more for retirement.
Whether you are a sole proprietor, start-up business, or established company, we can help you determine the most suitable retirement plan for your situation. Retirement Plan Comparison Chart.
Types of Plans We Service:
- SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) Plans
- Simple IRA Plans
- Traditional & Roth 401(k) Plans
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Plans
- 403(b) Plans
- 457 Plans
- Cross-Tested & Age Weighted Plans
- Multiple Employer Plans (MEPs)
- Profit-Sharing Plans
- Money Purchase Plans
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans
Individual Brokerage Accounts & Money Management
Mutual funds and group annuity platforms are the most common investments provided in retirement plans; however, many investors are frustrated by limited choices in their company’s retirement plan. We feel that investors who prefer to buy and sell stocks, ETF’s, and mutual funds outside of their company’s retirement plan investment window should have the ability to do so.
In addition to offering a menu of mutual funds in their retirement plans, many plan sponsors offer individual brokerage accounts for the following reasons:
- Participants have the option of participating in a menu of funds offered by the plan sponsor or they can open an individual brokerage account and choose from thousands of stocks, ETF’s, and mutual funds. Although there are additional trading costs,* many people believe that the ability to better manage investment risk and the potential to achieve higher rates of return outweigh the trading costs.
- Participants have the option of using Research Financial Strategies to manage their retirement plan accounts.* We use Charles Schwab as the custodian for our advisory accounts and offer our retirement plan participants access to the exact same professional money management that our high net-worth clients receive. With this service, we are essentially leveling the playing field by providing all investors with access to our institutional money management.
- Lower Fees. A major concern of plan sponsors and investors are the fees. In order for a plan sponsor or company to meet his/her fiduciary responsibilities, they must ensure the fees are reasonable; otherwise they are vulnerable to lawsuits and penalties.
Investors understand that fees affect performance, so lower internal fees of the investments are always preferred. Individual brokerage accounts give investors access to stocks, ETF’s and no-load mutual funds, which generally have much lower fees than many mutual funds in the average retirement plan.
Financial Planning for Participants
In addition to on-going educational seminars, each participant has an opportunity to meet confidentially with Research Financial Strategies regarding their personal finances. We are committed to partnering with you to provide individual planning assistance to help your employees accumulate wealth and transition into retirement. This service includes assisting employees with rolling over their retirement plans into an IRA and helping them to choose the best pension option, if applicable.
* Additional trading costs and brokerage fees may apply.