- This event has passed.
Making the Most of Social Security – Masterclass 10/19/2021
October 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Social security is very complex. In fact, there are over 2,700 filing rules and the social security administration is prohibited from giving you advice.
But guess what? You don’t need to know 2,700 filing rules! And you don’t need to spend 80 hours studying complicated material to become an expert.
As a service to our community, the Society For Financial Awareness (SOFA) is presenting a live Masterclass that will teach you:
- Social security basics.
- How to compare different filing strategies to help you determine which one is best for you.
- How to structure social security to help reduce your taxes, beat inflation and make your personal savings last.
- The most efficient way to apply what you learn and create a bullet proof retirement income plan.
The majority of retirees apply for benefits as soon as they become eligible at age 62. However, many do not realize that by doing so they significantly and permanently reduce the benefits they and their spouses will receive throughout their lifetime.
Whether you’re single, married, divorced, or widowed, there are ways to optimize lifetime benefits you and your family will receive from Social Security. To do so successfully requires a keen understanding of the Social Security retirement system and the critical issues outlined below:
- How married couples can coordinate benefits to help enhance spousal and survivor benefits.
- How to claim a spousal benefit while earning delayed retirement credits on your own benefit.
- How working could affect your benefits and how Social Security benefits are taxed.
- How claiming worker benefits early could permanently lower your spousal benefit at full retirement age.
- Best ways to fill the gap between your desired annual retirement income and the income social security provides.
This Masterclass is specifically for people like you who want to:
- Maintain your standard of living in retirement.
- Have extra money to travel.
- Spend more time with family.
- Afford high medical costs.
- Leave a larger legacy to your family.
P.S. Attendees of our Masterclass will have an opportunity to participate in our complimentary Breakthrough Retirement Lab Session.
Space is limited. Register today.